Monday 4 April 2011

My First Post

# 1 Why Passionately Waiting? 

In Lamentations 3, the author tells us that God is good to those who passionately wait, to those who diligently seek Him. But what does it mean to passionately wait?

Waiting seems like a passive action, something I can do half asleep, there is no real need to put my heart into it. But here I am told to wait with passion, with fervor, and with intensity. This doesn't sound like something I can do on a lazy Sunday afternoon. This sounds like something that takes a conscious effort, a determination an act of my will.

My goal then, with this Blog, is to act out of my will, not to coast by with my normal passivity, but to passionately wait on God with expectation of the good things he will do and show me.

So if you like, in a small way, wait passionately with me. Wait expectantly with me. I want to wait by searching, praising, exploring and learning. I will then wait on the Lord to continue to be good to me....


4 comments:

  1. Kevin your post really speaks to me right now. I have been praying that God would fill me with his spirit and make me on fire for him. There is so much more than just waiting on him... I need to seek him and like you said wait passionately and then how much greater will I know him. Thank you for sharing. Love you

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input Shannon, I really feel that there is going to be a real out pouring of his Spirit at Southside and in Chilliwack, if we seek him and stop to actually wait...but wait with expectation for the amazing things he will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Wonderful post. Love your blog. Sincerely, Cindy

    ReplyDelete