Tuesday 5 April 2011

Puzzels, Books and a New Text

#2

A family tradition of mine on Christmas Day or on summer vacation at the "Lucky Leprechaun" cabin on Skaha Lake was to work on a puzzle with the whole family.  The first step was to always open up the box and dump the contents on the table, spread out all the pieces and get down to work.  I cant say that I always had the patinece or will to finish them, but the process always started the same way.  

Coming to the end of King Davids life I read in 2 Samuel 22:21 (The Message) that David declares "God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him."   I have to say that I can relate to David, some of the very things he struggled with have been, regrettably a part of my life as well. But I find a hope in this prayer and song of David as he looks back at his life and says two things: lay all the pieces of my life (yes ALL of them, the good the bad the ugly) before God, and open the book of my heart before Gods eyes.....then wait, wait expectantly.

What can I wait for, hope for, expect? - Completeness and God to rewrite the text of my life!! This puts a smile on my face, a joy in my heart. He doesn't just want to put all my broken pieces together, or write a new chapter in my life, this is about completeness, fulfillment, wholeness and a completely new , rewritten life story, that David is talking about!

(2 Corinthians 5:17) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

My prayer today is "Lord, forgive me for holding onto pieces of my life, they really are all yours. You know how I fit together, you created me, but I need to give you all of me, each day to you. Lord search my life like an open book, and don't just create a new chapter, but re-write the text of my life today."



http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20samuel%2022&version=MSG

2 comments:

  1. Kevin,
    I didn't realize 'til this morning that "Passionately Waiting" was a blog by you. Saw Lorilee comment on it a few times on FB so I got curious. I read your latest (#9) and of course was compelled to go back to the beginning and start reading them all. You have me sitting here, reflecting and relating in such a huge way. Thank you for using your own life as a canvas.

    Your open, honest, humility is very effective, my friend. What God is doing in you and through you, has already blessed me and I look forward to being further inspired!

    PS: I love that you also have a fitting worship song that ties into each posting. Music is the key that unlocks our hearts. Thanks, again!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback Michelle!! :)

    ReplyDelete