Wednesday 6 April 2011

The Inside Out

#3

I wanted to write something tonight to bring praise to Jesus for who He is. I wanted to write poetically, create beauty on a page, feel the art flow easily. If I were to be totally honest, maybe I was looking to make an impression? Since this is my new blog and all.  But then God kind of kicked me in the ass...hows that for poetry?

Romans 12: 1-2 says:  "So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering.....Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out."


Memo to Kevin from God: "You think you can impress me by impressing the people reading this with your flowery words and your poorly composed poetry? I'm not interested, I want your life Kevin! Lay your life down as an offering to me, and then you know what you can do? - You can wait!! Fix your attention on me, see what I will do."

I forget so easily, I like to think I have it figured out so fast. - Wasn't it just yesterday I wrote about placing all the pieces before him? And wasn't it also, just yesterday that I wrote about opening the book of my life to Him,  to re-write the text of my life? And now so soon, God reminds me again, that this needs to be done daily. 

So what does it mean to lay all the pieces before him?  - isn't there a little cutesy prayer I can repeat a few times?  No, it means I have to actually work at this, moment by moment, each conversation, each decision, each action, each attitude, each thought, each relationship, they are all to be an offering to God, an act of my will,  to lay it at his feat at his altar.  This scares me, because when I lay it down, I actually have to let it go and then, yes, I have to wait. - with expectation, with hope, with faith. 

"Lord forgive my unbelief. Forgive my pride, thinking that I could impress you with my words. Mostly Lord, forgive me for not worshipping you with my life, minute by minute. Thank you for your grace, your mercy, your unending love and your patience with me. Thank you that even though I need to consciously lay may life before you as an offering, that you promised that you will do the rest and bless my obedience by changing me from the inside out. Continue to rewrite the text of my life, make it a worship story to you!!"










No comments:

Post a Comment